Capital Campaign Wraps Up and Exceeds Goal
Animal Harbor has successfully completed its three-year capital campaign to raise funds for a new shelter building. In September 2015, the Animal Harbor Board announced that the goal of $600,000 had been met — and exceeded — raising a total of $622,000!
Construction had begun before the campaign was completed, and the new shelter opened its doors on December 12, 2014.
We are so thankful to this community for helping us create such a wonderful place for people and pets.
The new shelter features:
- Housing for up to 40 cats and 40 dogs at any one time, depending on the mix of adults to puppies/kittens
- Quarantine areas for dogs and cats
- Group rooms for cats where they can roam free, climb on platforms and hide in cubby holes
- A porch where the cats can enjoy the outdoors safely
- A "meet and greet" room for people to get to know a pet without the noise and interference of other pets
- Outdoor exercise yards for dogs
- Welcoming reception and intake areas
- Office space; dog wash area; areas for laundry and prep work; storage
If you wish to see the old building and where we started you can click here to see why this new facility was so needed.
We could not have done this without the support of our donors. THANK YOU!
More than 1000 donors contributed gifts of cash and services or materials, and hundreds more supported grassroots-style, through coin canisters at local businesses, special fundraisers and more. This could not have happened without every person, business and foundation that participated, and Animal Harbor feels so fortunate to live in a region that places such importance on humane care and treatment of all animals.